It isn’t easy making change. We’ve established this. But there are definite factors that can contribute to your success. In short, if you are going to go into things with the wrong attitude, you just as well shouldn’t have bothered. Taking on any challenge – whether it be changing your habits…a change in your career…improving your relationship or anything else – requires a positive and rational mindset. Your head is just as big a part of your ability to succeed as are your actions.
Keep your head in the right place with some of these key mindsets:
- Embrace Change as a Lifestyle. Understand that your pursuit for change isn’t just about the here and now, but something to be embraced for the long term.
- Understand It Is a Process. Accept that the process will take time and will require a little patience. This will allow you to enjoy the process much more.
- Be Realistic. Every person is unique, making some changes easier or more enjoyable than others. Set realistic goals and give yourself time to adapt to each modification. Let the success of each passing week inspire you to move onto the next.
- Leave Negativity at the Door. Embrace a positive attitude and think about all of the good that will come out of making the change you want. If you want to lose weight, focus on outcomes such as “I’ll feel great,” ”I’ll prevent the onset of disease,” and “I’ll have more energy,” instead of on what you have to give up or sacrifice.
- Own Your Decision. Your quest for change is a choice. Something inside you caused you to want it. Erase phrases such as “I have to,” “I should,” and “I’m supposed to” from your thinking, and instead, focus on “I WANT TO.”
- Be Committed Yet Forgiving. Saying you want to make change alone won’t make it a reality. Acting on it, however, will. Be committed, and at the same time, be forgiving when you slip up or take a step backwards.
- Keep Things Simple. Don’t overcomplicate things. Keep your changes simple and manageable.
What else do you do to keep your head in the game?
Make real, lasting change with this easy to follow, week-by-week guide to healthy change. Get it now in time for Christmas at Amazon.com.