When attempting to do it all this holiday season, it is probable that shopping is one of the big “to-dos” on your list.
Over the last several years, I have come to do more and more of my shopping online.
There are several advantages that make it much more palatable than shopping in the mall or in retail stores.
Here are my top 10 reasons as to why you might want to cozy-up to your computer this holiday season:
- Bargain Hunting: Without going from store to store, which can take tons of time, you can look for the best price for what you are buying. You can also get up-to-the-minute discounts notifications, which makes it especially “bargainy.”
- Time Saving: When you shop online, you don’t have to commit to a few hours, you can commit to ten minutes. This allows you to break-up the work into shorter, more manageable time chunks. Further, you won’t be wasting time traveling to the stores, looking for parking, walking around, yada yada. You’ll save hours of time by shopping online.
- Avoiding the Crowds: I’m not a crowd person. And, the older I get, the lower my tolerance is for crowds. Shopping online allows you to avoid the mobs and the pushing and shoving that inevitably happens in retail stores.
- Easy Parking: During this season, getting a parking spot at a mall or retail outlet can be like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Not only is it impossible, but it is time-consuming. Parking yourself at your computer takes two seconds!
- Any Store in the World: Any retailer worth buying from is located on the internet. However, some malls don’t have the stores you may be looking for, forcing you to visit several places to get to all the stores you want.
- Gift-Wrapping: Once you have bought your gifts, then comes wrapping. Some people hate wrapping (personally, I enjoy it, but that is the architect in me). Many online retailers will wrap your gifts for a small fee. So, for those of you who hate wrapping presents, you can eliminate this part of the gift-giving process.
- Shipping: Just like the wrapping, you can have the online retailer ship to the location where the gift will be opened. If you are traveling a long distance to celebrate the holidays with loved ones (this is me), then having the gifts shipped is a much better option than having to lug them onto the plane.
- Environmentally Friendly: Okay, if you are not a naturalist or someone who cares about the environment, then you can skip this one. But for those of you who do care, you will be saving paper (no paper receipts) and you will be reducing pollution (no gas emissions).
- Smarter Shopping: Shopping online allows you to easily access and read customer reviews of products you are considering purchasing. This helps you make more informed decisions about gifting your loved ones.
- Reduced Stress: And, when you have ALL of the benefits listed above, you will ultimately be able to reduce your stress levels! How much better does it get than that?
Hope you have a wonderful holiday shopping season! Are you shopping online this season? What benefits do you see?
Make real, lasting change with 52 Small Changes for the Mind – a week-by-week guide to making healthy changes for improved memory, less stress, increased productivity and greater happiness. Pre-Order Now (out 12/8)!