This is a version of salsa that is tasty and filling. It is loaded with fiber and protein, which also makes it balanced. Serve it with baked tortilla chips or pita chips for a low-fat option.
- one 15 oz. can black beans
- 8 oz. ripe tomatoes
- 1 celery stalk, finely diced
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Tabasco sauce
Put the black beans in a strainer and rinse them thoroughly. Shake them to get rid of excess water. Place them in a mixing bowl. Core and seed the tomatoes. Finely chop the tomatoes and add to the bowl with the beans. Stir in the celery, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, vinegar, oil and cumin. Season to tase with salt and Tabasco sauce. Salsa can be stored for up to 1 day.