One more reason to become a Starwood Preferred Guest! Westin and New Balance have just announced a new program where guests have complimentary use of New Balance shoes, apparel and accessories through a loan program at their hotels. On the sneaker side of the equation, they have addressed sanitary concerns with brand new, disposable insoles for each use of the borrowed sneakers. On the workout clothing side, they are providing an assortment of shorts, shirts, and socks for men and shorts, capri pants, shirts, sports bras and socks for women.
Additional benefits of this partnership include:
- Exclusive in-room fitness and equipment-free workouts of stretching, strength training, cardio and yoga, developed by New Balance Fitness Ambassador and TV celebrity trainer Holly Perkins
- “Wellness in Travel” tips on nutrition, jet lag and healthy living
- Enhanced current three- and five-mile neighborhood running maps
- Wellness amenities for guests visiting a city for a major athletic event, such as a marathon
Although the program is scheduled to be rolled out to all properties, this program currently exists at:
- The Westin Boston Waterfront
- The Westin Michigan Avenue
- The Westin San Francisco Airport
- The Westin Maui
- The Westin Santa Fe
- The Westin Jersey City
- The Westin Beijing Chaoyang
- The Westin Tokyo
- The Westin Valencia
- The Westin Grand Berlin
Personally, I’m a fan of the hotel brand and have been actively following a lot of their health and wellness initiatives. Some of their more recent initiatives include a sleep study and sleep hotline with National Sleep Foundation targeted at helping travelers troubleshoot common sleep issue, a parntership with SuperFoods Partners LLC to become the first hotel brand to create a SuperFoods-focused menu and their Breathe Westin program which made them the first in the industry to go smoke-free and offer guests a proper, 100% smoke-free hotel experience.
Do you stay at Westins? Have you used any of these services?