If you’re tired of the good ol’ tomato based salsa, try this fresh and tasty mango salsa recipe. It is absolutely delicious and because of the mangos, provides wonderful health benefits too! It improves digestions, lowers cholesterol, is high in vitamin C, improves concentration and is high in iron.
For a version that is higher in protein, add half a cup to a whole cup of black beans. This salsa is great with chips, but can also be added to salmon or mahi mahi for a tropical flavored dish!
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
- ½ cup finely diced red onion
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients, except for the cilantro and let sit for 15 minutes. Serve at room temperature and add cilantro just before serving.