This salad can be eaten as a meal by itself, or as a side dish. All the vegetables in this recipe hold their shape and crispness longer than lettuce. So if you go to the grocery store once a week, you can still use the vegetables towards the end of the week and not worry about them going bad. Further, the veggies in this recipe are high in nutrients. You can also add a few ounces of grilled chicken to make it a little more filling.
- 1 cup Grape Tomatoes – cut in half
- 1 1/2 cups cucumber – sliced and quartered
- 1/2 cup Red Onion – chopped medium
- 1/2 cup Red Pepper – chopped
- 1/2 cup Green Pepper – chopped
- 1/2 cup Crumbled Fat Free Feta Cheese
- Salt, Pepper and Oregano to taste
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 6 Stacy’s Pita Chips – Crushed
Cut up the vegetables as described and place into bowl. Add salt, pepper and oregano to taste. Add olive oil and vinegar and toss. Crush the Stacy’s Pita Chips and set aside. When you are ready to eat, add the Fat Free Feta and Stacy’s Pita Chips and mix well. Serve/eat immediately.*
* If keeping over night, add the olive oil, vinegar, feta and Pita Chips right before serving. It will help keep the salad crisp.