Every day, as soon as I walk through the door when I get home from work, I can’t wait to take off my work clothes and slip into ‘something more comfortable’. As sexy as this may sound, it often means slipping into old sweats and a t-shirt, or if I know I’m in for the evening, my every day, nothing special PJs.
It doesn’t matter if the day was great or if it was difficult. It doesn’t matter if I wore business casual or if I was required to wear a suit. Whatever the day, whatever the attire, taking off the ‘stiff’ clothes and putting on something that is more relaxed is one of the best feelings of the day. That said, there are many things we can do home to take ‘a load off’. Here are some ideas:
- Take a Bath: Taking a bath can provide a lot of healthful benefits, in addition to relaxation. To maximize the experience, play some soft music and light some candles to set the mood. Use moisturizing bath oil to ensure that your skin stays soft and doesn’t dry out.
- Order-In: Cooking after a hard day at work might be the last thing you feel like doing. Treat yourself every so often to delivery or take out.
- Make it an Early Night: Sleep is an important part of our day. If we don’t get enough, it can wreak havoc on our systems and our energy levels. Once a week, try to get into bed by 9pm for an extra good night’s.
- Tea Time: Drink a cup of herbal tea that contains lavender and other ‘relaxing’ herbs. A good one to try is Yogi’s Bedtime tea.
- Play with Fido: Take some time and play with a furry loved one. Whether dog, cat or even hamster, spending some quality time with a pet can lower your blood pressure and soothe your soul.
What do you do to relax after a day at work? Do you do any of the things mentioned?
- The Benefits of Tea
- The Power of a Bath
- Green Tea and Weight Management
- Everything You Need to Know about Sleep