Whether you are in the cold of the Northeast or in the warmth of the south, February signifies a time of love, warmth and friendship. Valentine’s Day gives us an opportunity to reflect on how meaningful our relationships are, and to appreciate those we love. And, there is no better way to show your love than to gift a loved one with a little TLC and pampering.
This Valentine’s Day, let the world of spa be your inspiration for the perfect gift:
- Couples Massage. Massage provides multiple benefits to one’s health, including: relaxation and stress reduction, improved circulation, and detoxification. Enjoying a massage together, however, can provide even more benefit. It allows you to experience a wonderful and relaxing moment together, while drawing you closer to one another.
- Gift Baskets. Make someone special feel their best with a spa gift basket that allows them to bask in luxury. Men and women alike will enjoy an extra plush spa robe, soft terry slippers, a body scrub to exfoliate dry winter skin, and extra-hydrating body moisturizer to help skin feel rejuvenated and soft. For a little more customization, ask an aesthetician at your local spa for some suggestions of skin-care products specifically good for your loved one’s skin type.
- Spa Getaways. If you have a little extra time and money to spend this Valentine’s Day, consider taking the weekend and going away for a spa retreat. Many hotels and resorts throughout the country have spas, and will offer special packages for Valentine’s Day and for couples. Pick a destination that allows you to relax and decompress during the day, yet provides some fun and romantic things to do at night for an extra special weekend.
- Gift Certificates. If you aren’t sure of what kind of treatment your loved one would enjoy, a gift certificate is a great option. Gift certificates give spa-goers great flexibility, as well as an opportunity to break away from the traditional and try unique treatments offered by the spa.
- Spa Day at Home. Finally, if you are short on money this special holiday, or if you just want to create a more intimate experience, create a spa day and evening right at home. During the day, connect with nature by getting active outdoors. Return home, light aromatic candles and play soothing music, all while you give your loved one a luxurious manicure and pedicure. Then, cook a delicious, yet healthy spa-cuisine inspired dinner. And finally, as a perfect ending to your spa day, draw your loved one a bath infused with essential oils.
Whatever you decide to do, remember that your love is the greatest gift of all! Happy Valentine’s Day!