You can talk to your best friend about almost anything – bad dates, great recipes, exciting vacations, work horrors … but what about your mind?
Despite the widespread application of talk therapy and psychological medications, having intelligent, compassionate conversations with our closest friends about their mental well-being is rare.
We all know that friends are great for accountability, and improving your mind is no exception.
Incorporating lifestyle changes to optimize your mental well-being can be very rewarding, especially when you have a friend joining you. When you both make these changes, week by week, you can experience a wide array of benefits:
- QUALITY OF LIFE. These changes will help you reduce stress, anxiety, and worry, allowing you to live life to the fullest.
- STRESS AND COPING SKILLS. You’ll be better prepared to take on life’s challenges and cope in a more productive and effective way. You’ll feel more comfortable trying new things and taking risks.
- RELATIONSHIPS. You’ll connect on a deeper and more meaningful level with loved ones, enabling you to enjoy healthier and more rewarding relationships.
- PRODUCTIVITY. You’ll be able to concentrate and focus on tasks at hand, making you more productive both at work and in your personal life.
- OUTLOOK. You will enjoy a happier, more positive outlook, which will extend into all areas of your life.
- SELF-ESTEEM. When you are happy and feel good mentally, it translates into a healthy level of self-confidence and self-esteem.
The 52 Small Changes for the Mind program is designed to encourage small yet meaningful changes that will ultimately lead to the big change of enjoying a happier, healthier mind.
There are no gimmicks in here; just a clear, simple approach to help you be happier for the long term.
The idea is simple: make one small change per week for 52 weeks, and at the end of the year you’ll feel less stressed and more productive, you’ll remember more and ward off disease and aging, and you’ll feel more fulfilled – and it will be even easier when you have a friend to join you!
Make real, lasting change with 52 Small Changes for the Mind – a week-by-week guide to making healthy changes for improved memory, less stress, increased productivity and greater happiness. Pre-Order Now (out 12/8)!
Adapted from 52 Small Changes for the Mind by Brett Blumenthal, on shelves December 8th, 2015. Used with permission from Chronicle Books & author Brett Blumenthal.