There are many different forms of water available for your drinking pleasure. It’s important to understand the benefits of each to ensure that you are drinking and topically using the right type of water for healthier skin and body. According to Dr. Dennis Gross, tap water contains heavy metals that can act as free radicals, which can destroy collagen. Even washing your face with tap water can lead to impurities and heavy metals that cling to your skin, creating a breeding ground for damage to occur throughout the day.
What kind of water is best for you?
Below is a list of the most popular water options available and explanations of how they benefit your health.
Ionized Water –What is it?
Water treated with electrolysis to remove acidic particles, such as sodium, calcium, iron, copper, chloride and bromide. The water has been purified from most impurities except organic compounds.
- Acts as a natural antioxidant
- Helps with the body’s natural oxygen production
- Stabilizes body’s acid/alkaline balance – balancing the body’s pH
- The molecular structure of ionized water is smaller, which allows for easier passage into the cells and tissues
- Used externally, ionized water is beneficial for healthy skin, hair and scalp
Distilled water – What is it?
Water that has been heated to a boiling point eliminating impurities from the water as it vaporizes. Through a distiller, the vapor water is then cooled to become pure liquid water while the impurities such as the metals, ions, minerals, and contaminants are disposed of.
- Helps to flush out impurities from the body
- Allows the proper ‘flushing’ of the blood through the kidneys, not having to have to deal with other impurities found in un-distilled water.
- No impurities, just pure H2O
- Acts as a solvent in the body by dissolving nutrients so they can be assimilated by the cell
- Collects ‘rejected’ minerals and flushes them out as waste
Filtered water – What is it?
Water that has been filtered through a carbon based filter to remove chemical agents such as chlorine.
- Ensures that only organic minerals are retained in the water
- Helps to remove synthetic compounds, which turn into vapor at relatively low temperatures leading to toxins in the body if not removed