This Father’s Day, forget the ties and barbecue tools and get dad something he’ll love that promotes wellness and good health. After all, we want him around for as long as possible! Also, make sure that you include some quality time together; he’ll appreciate that most of all!:
- Travel Exercise Gear: If your dad is on the road a lot for business, he may have a challenging time getting to the gym as much as he’d like. If, however, he can pack the gym in his suitcase, he’ll have no excuses! A couple of things to try include: TRX Suspension Training System and the Accompanying Wall Anchor, or the J-Fit Travel Kit.
- A Day of Fishing: Instead of buying fish for dinner, take dad on a fishing trip for some extra fun. Many lakeside and coastal towns offer charters that take you out fishing for a half- or a full-day. If you can’t afford a private charter, consider a party boat. You’ll meet new people and have a lot of fun. Make sure to take your fish home for a nice tasty dinner (see barbecue below!).
- Healthy Barbecue by You: Let the kids handle breakfast and step up to be the official Dad’s Day Barbecue Handler. A nice barbecue that is healthy can include grilled vegetables and barbecued swordfish. End the meal with a wonderful fruit salad with a yogurt-honey and mint dressing.
- Athlete Gear: If Dad is especially athletic…running marathons or competing in tri-athalons or bi-athalons, he probably could really benefit from a coach. Garmin puts out some amazing products to help athletes track all kinds of information. The first is the Garmin Forerunner 305 and the second, more sleek and fancy version is the Garmin Forerunner 310XT. Also, if he runs long distances, consider a “fuel belt” to keep him running! (You can use this coupon code to get 15% off – 15OFFFUELBELT)
- A Day at the Spa: If he isn’t a spa-goer already, there is no better time to introduce your dad to the benefits of a day at the spa. Whether he enjoys massage, a little body scrub or a man’s facial, pampering and rejuvenation will help him relax and let the stress melt away. There are some great packages that you can purchase with multiple services. And today, many spas offer treatments that are specific to men and their needs. If you’d rather let him enjoy the spa on his own, be sure to take him out for a pre-spa light lunch to get in some quality time together.
Whatever your dad enjoys, he probably will enjoy it even more if it is with you. We hope you enjoy your Father’s Day!